November 2, 2008

(Late publishing due to technical reasons...)

Today (November 2, 2008) the most memorable day for me.
One of my BIGGEST dream has come true. I have heard friends saying, when you are happy / sad u cannot have a sound sleep. Felt that thoroughly today. For the first time in my life, out of HAPPINESS I could not sleep.

And this is the right time to thank people who are really close to my heart for all the good they have done to me…

Lots of love.
Lots of expectations.
Lots of curiosity.
Fingers crossed to be a girl child.
Of course lots of prayers.
My dad. For his first child.

As he expected, my mom gifted him a girl child. Every one was happy. Dad, was EXTREMELY happy. His joy knew no bounds. Mom has never seen him bouncing out of measureless happiness like that before. His first daughter was his life. Pushed the entire ten months planning for the kid day after day.

But it did not last for long. With in few days of the birth, kid died out of fever, leaving him all alone, scattering all his expectations, love, dream and above all his life with his daughter. Not to forget, he had planned to name his first child as DIVYA.

Having lost his first girl child with in few days of her birth he hated everything around him. Felt prayers are of no use. He stopped showing love to the people he loved the most.

A year later, November 6 1983, I met my dad. He regained the opportunity to land all the dreams he had on his first child. Am the most unluckiest soul on earth. I never experienced the love he had on me till date. I don’t remember as to when he spoke kindly to me last. I vaguely remember playing with him when I was, say 5 years. I knew the reason for being so too. It is because of the fear that I might go away from him like his first kid.

I always felt the love he had on me. Am his favorite daughter. But never experienced sweet or loving conversations.

Always arguments. Always fight. Ego clashes. I have named my dad HITLER.

He keeps saying that I have not realized my actual potential (What am actually capable of?) yet. The moment I start realising it I will be the best individual it seems. (All fathers feel the same I know. Chillax!!!). Even today before I sat to pen down this, we had a heavy argument. My daily routine is to irritate him and vice versa. The best part is, both of us will forget the argument in micro seconds continuing the day's work.

He is always special to me for all the efforts he has made to bring up both his daughters. He has given us the best education in an expensive and the best school being a simple operator in Ashok Leyland. We still rememeber, on every school reopening day, he takes off, makes a point to drop me and my sister at school in his bicycle, triples, sweating (roughly of 7 kms). Love you dad (can never tell him on his face!!!).

People, who knew me and my dad’s argument, might feel that immediately after he had supported me for the most important decision in my life, I am saying well about him. But my well wishers know me and my love towards my dad.

You scolded me to be disciplined. Sorry for following your warnings very rarely though your warnings helps me to be in the safer side. I’ll try to listen to your advice always.

MY DAD IS ALWAYS THE BEST. I MEAN IT.

Thanks daddy :)

MY MOM…
To be continued…

Comments

Dheepa said…
Hey Srivi..

Jus hopped thro to your blog.. this post is very touching :)
Ganesh Marees said…
Nice one... No matter what, girls are always dad's chellam... Your post proves it again...

Popular posts from this blog

Get up! Pat your shoulders & get ready for the wild card entry!

Hello every one!